Kathlyn Perez-Stable, MSW, ACSW
Kathlyn Perez-Stable is a proud and passionate sober leatherdyke and social worker who pursued her education at Simmons University (MSW), Chapman University (BSW), and Shiley Institute for Palliative Care (C-PCSW).
Happily thriving in a long-term consensual power-exchange marriage, Kathlyn creates a safe, understanding, and nonjudgmental space for others who may be navigating ‘non-traditional’ lives and relationships. As an accomplished BDSM and kink educator, she supports others in their efforts to embrace and integrate all facets of self.
Kathlyn holds a strong belief that the power of community and connection manifest powerful change within the lives and communities that we live, work, play, love, and worship. Spirituality, sexuality, and identity all play a significant role in how she lives, loves, and works with others.
Over the years Kathlyn Perez-Stable has worked extensively with individuals, couples, and families grappling with loss, addiction, terminal diagnosis, death, and PTSD. She believes that establishing safety is the first step in creating significant change.
When life seems hopeless or loss feels overwhelming, Kathlyn will listen with care and compassion, offering support and tools that empower you to navigate obstacles, move forward, and create hope.
- Trauma-Focused and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (meditation, deep-breathing, radical acceptance)
- Interpersonal Therapy (feminist perspective, sex/kink positive, person-centered, minority stress model, anti-racist perspective)
- Strength-based Perspectives (empowerment model, recovery model, harm reduction)
- Narrative Therapy (storytelling, art, role playing)
- Solution-Focused Perspectives (goal setting, reality therapy)
- Integrative Approach (Relational Cultural Theory and CBT)
- Seeking Safety
- Grief and Bereavement
- Addiction and Substance Use
- Life Transitions
- Terminal Diagnosis
- Death (loved ones and pets)
- Sexuality and Intimacy
- Kink, BDSM, and Leather
- Non-“Traditional” Relationships (polyamory, power exchange, etc.)
- Navigating General Relationship Challenges